Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The happiest man?

What a beautiful face, radiating goodness and happiness. This is the French Buddhist monk, Matthieu Ricard and someone who appears about as well balanced and genuine as it is possible to be. There are claims that he is the happiest man alive, but I suspect that sort of hyperbole would not please him.

He was a pioneer into scientific research into the effect of meditation on the physical brain and emotions. It is suggested he has done more than 10,000 hours meditation himself.  I can't possibly do justice to this man, so do have a look at his blog

There are also a lot of video clips of him speaking on YouTube. In addition he is a brilliant photographer, mostly images of Tibet where he has been for 40 years.
 
I think he is literally extra-ordinary and radiates love, in the way of so many Buddhists. I hope you want to know more. Have I made you curious?

No comments: